Thursday, March 16, 2006

Spring Break 2006

Spring Break 2006....the one break I get from my senior year....

...well, you'd think I'd be spending it on a sunny beach or perhaps simply somewhere warmer than Connecticut.
But nope. I'm here in my dungeon, with my trusty G4 in my flanel pants and my tshirt...and I'm writing. And oh yeah...I'm designing, too.

This past week (although it's only Thursday) has been pretty rough, as I have spent this entire break working on my digital portfolio, having set a deadline of Saturday, March 18th for the 'rough draft' to be done.

Yep, the design process has been quite fun, but the hours have been extensive. Usually I sketch in the morning--somewhere from 9 or 10 until 12:30. Then I take a brunch break, considering I usually don't eat breakfast.

Then it's back to work at 2, working on comps of a particular page....this, of course, happens in Photoshop & Image Ready.

Usually the comp work takes me right up until dinner...only because I allow it to....and so I break for dinner with the family before coming back downstairs at around 7:30.

For the past four days, I have worked from approx. 7:30 pm until around 3 am, working hard to get this thing done.

I'm excited, because I am almost there.

The one thing I failed to do was post a reading blog this week...well, I failed to do it ontime.
I'm hoping that PB will allow it to be a day late, considering the extensive progress I've made on my portfolio site this week.

You'll notice in a few hours, after I run a few errands, that my reading for this week will be posted.
And on Saturday night or Sunday you can all feel free to check out www.rjrasmussen.com.

Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home