Friday, February 24, 2006

A New Quinnipiac University Record

We had one, count em' one design firm at the 2006 Career Fair!
Here's to you, Quinnipiac!

Maybe next year they could shoot for 2. WHOA NELLY! TWO? A whole TWO?
That might be asking too much.

Basic gist of the career fair AFTER talking to Modem Media:

Me: Hi there, do you have a corporate art department or graphic design department?

HR rep: That's a very good question to which I do not have the answer.

Me: Ok then, have a nice day.

I'm not really sure why companies send HR representatives that have no concept of what design is or what jobs are offered within their company for designers.

Here's the best part...I went to one company...I forget if it was Target or Peoples Bank or one of those...and the lady was like, oh well we don't have designers in our company. I said, "not even freelance?" She simply said, "nope."

I laughed and said, "tell me, who do you think designed that big poster you're standing in front of? ....I enjoyed meeting you."

It wasn't meant to be sarcastic, but it was kind of funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home